Burn injuries can be very traumatic and painful and may take a long time for recover. Many complications can happen as a result of the burn injury including infection, scaring, disfigurement, contractures, reduced or limited mobility, loss of function, muscle, ligament, or nerve damage, mental and psychological trauma, amputation of a limb and even death in severe cases.
The more sever the burn is (second and third degree), the more damage to the body it creates. Burn injuries may need extended periods of hospital stay as well as prolong care and a lot of follow ups for rehabilitation after hospital discharge. Some burn victims may need services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychiatric counselling, plastic or cosmetic surgery; all these may create an extra burden on the patient mentally, physically and psychologically.
Some burned victims may lose their homes and all their belongings as a result of the fire. Families and caretakers of a burned patient may also be traumatized and need help in dealing with the impact of the trauma.
Having a burn injury lawyer to represent you is very important and it is advised to contact a burn injury lawyer as soon as possible to get the best outcome and compensation possible. Kramer and Pollack, LLP have great experience in handling all types of burn injuries. They are specially trained in dealing with cases of burned patients and their families. You won't be charged any fees unless they win the case for you; their fees will come out of the amount they recover for you.
Kramer and Pollack law firm will help you with the following:
- Determine and prove who was at fault, by analysing all the facts and circumstances that were involved in your case. Where and how the incident happen can determine who is at fault. Once a responsible party is identified, the firm will file a case on your behalf in the specialized court of low to prove that the carelessness and negligence of the defendant party was the cause of your injuries, pain and suffering.
- Get you the compensation you are entitled to for present and future pain and suffering and for any loss of property and belongings. The severity of the burn injury and who was the party at fault for the incident will determine the amount of compensation you receive. If the victim dies as a result of a burn injury, the family of the deceased person may be able to pursue a wrongful death case to acquire compensation for their financial loss.
- Medical treatment for buns is expensive; it may be prolonged and may even be lifelong creating a financial burden on the patient and the family. The law firm will make sure that you are adequately compensated including the cost for present and future medical expenses and needs.
- If the burn injury happens at the work place, Kramer & Pollack can help you to establish a workers compensation claim to pay for the medical expenses, disability and lost wages.
- Providing personal support including educating you on your rights, dealing with all aspects of your case and getting you the best compensation possible
This information is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice; it should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. Call 911 for all medical emergencies.